This Sunday was alright. We didn't have very many people committed to coming to church, and then it poured... people tend not to go places when you can swim through the air. haha. But we had a lot of our less actives there so that is very good! Elder Schroeder gave a talk and he noticed something that I felt subconsciously but couldn't pick out. It is a lot harder to talk when you are at eye level with the people. It's nice and easy when your standing above everyone. haha. Weird that it makes a difference but it really does.
As far as "S" and Baptism! Yes the ocean I am super excited for! (They do all their baptisms in the ocean because they don't have a font.) "S" has the 14th of December set as her date. She hasn't come to church yet because she is sick. I think she has dengue fever. But hopefully she can come next week so we don't have to push her date back. As far as baptismal dates though we have 4 People for the 14th and one for the 7th. Not sure how many will actually work out but were going to try to get everyone on their set days! :)
And yes Granny is very cool. It's her birthday today also!
I actually punched a banana tree over this week ! So yeah it was fun!
Christmas here is a pretty big holiday, but they don't believe in or really ever talk about Santa. They just get gifts for each other. Oh and our apartment we decided we are going to have a tree in! But yeah they love their Christmas music here also! It's nice!
So my favorite thing about Sunday.. well in the new investigator class we talked about prayer. At one point we talked about how we got answers to prayers. So sister Gayelle asked all the missionaries to share a story about how they have had an answer to prayer! So they were all really good. For mine I shared about how after I got my mission call, that night I prayed to know that it was the right decision for me, and after I prayed I decided it was good. I wanted to be a good missionary and I thought I should be more knowledgeable in the scriptures. So I turned to the scriptures where I had been reading and the first chapter I read (I don't remember where it is) said something along the lines of "you are called to serve these people " so I told that story about how my prayer was answered by the prompting I had to read the scriptures and how the scriptures answered my prayer! So yeah it was a good Sunday!
Anyways I love you! Enjoy the cold! I'll be here is St Lucia getting sun burnt!
Love ya
Elder Pierson!
No comments:
Post a Comment