Things here in St Lucia have seem to be picking up. We have a couple people with baptismal dates but I think only a few will actually pan out. I have found that if we don't invite the people to do things and be devastated when they fail to act, they don't act. They view us as just a bible study. So lately we have been focusing on getting people to act!
Success of the week would have to be meeting 3 new investigators. These people are all friends and they have stopped attending any church because they feel there is no church that is correct. They are confused just as Joseph Smith was. While we talked they were very interested and they just instantly believed that what we said was the truth. We actually met them last night so our invite to church will have to be for next week. The people here are amazing! I have only met two people on this whole island so far who do not believe in Jesus Christ. Turns out I love being a missionary haha! I am Already thinking about extending my mission :) hope you wont mind ;)
So I've started to undertake reforming myself. I'm trying to apply Christlike Attributes more into my life, and also trying to deny myself of all ungodliness. I mean after all we are commanded to be perfect. So hope I can get there! :)
But yes life here is good and the Church is growing, we actually have a scripture given to our mission by an apostle. It's Doctrine and Covenants Section 31: 3-7. While we are here we are to "Reap in the field which is white all ready to be burned"
And also that "I will open the hearts of the people and they will receive you. And I will establish a church by your hands;" These promises from the Lord are really coming true. Everything about it is happening and its amazing to see.
Anyways I love it here and hopefully I will have some good stories for you next week.
Love you Much,
Elder Pierson
No comments:
Post a Comment