I am doing Pretty fantastic in St Lucia right now.
Last Friday was transfer calls and there are some changes happening! I am staying in Castries 3 and I get a new companion. His name is Elder Smith, and he is pretty cool. The weird thing is that he has been here for 4 days already, only he has been in View fort. So not with me. This is going to be his third transfer, so I am the Sr companion and I get to lead the area. He actually came out 2 transfers before me but he had to go home for a while due to a knee problem, but he got surgery and now he is back. This is going to be a big change and its gonna make me stretch for sure.
Any ways its cool. Now its time for missionary related island news. There are now two districts in St Lucia. One more companionship has been put in View Fort and now our district has been split. So that is going to be fun!
The work really is hastening. When I first came out I was starting a new area in Castries, so in the past 4 months 4 more missionaries have been moved to St Lucia. Crazy!
Anyways I am now done going crazy about the transfer Stuff.
Church on Sunday was really great, biggest surprise was that our new convert "S" brought her "Bible Study" friend to church, her name is "U" and she never seemed interested in what we taught. Recently however when we would go over we would teach "S" how to teach, and the topic we were focusing on was why the book of Mormon was so important. The day after "U" was asking for a book of Mormon and came to church! So hopefully we can see lots of progress with her.
It's really weird to think that I will be leading an area, that means I have to remember all the peoples names! sounds hard but like "S" says, " I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me" so it will be good! Oh and as for the baptisms, this week we have 3 scheduled but one we haven't been able to meet with her in a bit so depending on if we can meet her we will find out if she is getting baptized. Another is a man who doesn't really take baptism seriously, he is living with a member and wont move out. Both Elder Schroeder and i felt prompted to get him an interview to get baptized, so when he most likely fails he will realize that something needs to change. He is an awesome man who really wants to get baptized, just cant yet. But the other one is a really solid date and she most likely will get baptized. So at least one baptism this weekend for sure :) It's good !
I love hearing about everything that is happening at home! It's kind of weird to not be there for everything that happens but it feels cool to know. (as they say in trinidad) "whagwan"
Anyways this week was really good and hopefully I have some good stuff to tell you about on the next p-day :)
But I love you! and I hope your week will be amazing!
Love Elder Pierson
No comments:
Post a Comment