St Vincent is amazing! I really enjoy it here.
The only thing that makes me sad about this place is the hate towards the church here.
They have something called the Christian Council here where the leaders of religion get together and talk, apparently not too long ago the council got together with the government to "kick the mormons out of St.Vincent" but they couldnt follow through because the president sees how much the church donates to welfare services here.. Buuuuut we are still here and the majority of the people are alright with us!
The church has been here so long that we have a member almost anywhere we go to. So that is fun!
It makes me happy to see people active in the care of the members of the church who are slipping. I have really been thinking about people who are less active, and the best way I can see to help is to prevent them from being less active. I think of Alma 59:9 It's much easier to maintain a city than to fight to regain it!
So Lydia likes the turtles? Sounds like she is just like me! I was having a blast playing with those turtles. All I could think while playing with them was "give me some fin, noggin, Dude... " haha Lindsey for sure will know what I mean!
"K" is doing amazing, She has really taken to Sister Adams. Who is the seminary teacher. She actually goes over to Sister Adams house sometimes and just limes and gaffs and ting. So they get along quite well.:) (Elder Pierson has picked up some local slang. None of us are quite sure what he means by gaffs and ting. haha)
And yes "Q" did get baptized! She is now officially a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. She is amazing, She believes so much in this gospel and we have made plans with her to help her mom come to church and be baptized.
Member work is amazing! We actually had a really awesome success with a member named Sister Matthews, She has a nice friend person (not too sure the relation) Who we had an awesome lesson with. Her name is "Y". She listened very intently to the message of the restoration, when she wasn't trying to calm her child. She was very sincere and commited to pray specifically about the Restoration. We are going to meet with her again on Tuesday and find out how her experience went!
Ahh i miss kieran! That guy is so fun!
Anyways I have no clue who my next companion will be, Elder Regis seems to think I will be training next transfer, but I do not know. I will find out this weekend!
My shoes are wearing out but they still have some good thickness so I should be fine!
Anyways I'm working hard and I hope things will be going well for Lindsey's wedding!
Love Elder Pierson
No comments:
Post a Comment