Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Turtle Sanctuary and Q

Easter is an interesting holiday. And really here in the Caribbean no matter what the holiday, it is celebrated the same way. Drinking partying and all manner of iniquity. buuuuttt there are lots of people who celebrate it by going to church and singing and things. But yeah holidays every single store closes. the only open store was a Chinese food restaurant. Oh and also all the buses stop running... so I had to walk up and down so many mountains the last couple days! haha but hey that's alright. Oh funny thing about walking up mountains is that my legs are definitely getting bigger. The pants I got from Mr Macs are now like skin tight on my thighs when i sit down.  
 
Over this Easter season we have gotten fed so much, we actually got fed 2-3 times a day 3 days in a row so that was amazing! But we do get fed, actually twice every Sunday! At one house I found out a new favourite fruit of mine. well actually I have a couple. I fell in love with tamarind back in St. Lucia but here one member has a plum tree in her back yard. They are delicious! anyways I guess we are heading into "Mango Season" which is almost every missionaries favourite season, all the mango's are ripening and people cant eat/sell them fast enough, so missionaries get given mango's a lot! so yeah we get a lot of fruit. 
 
This week was a really good week! we had so much success we have an investigator who is preparing for baptism this weekend. Her name is "Q" and she is 18. You could basically say the was a "dry mormon" before Elder Regis met her. She is living everything and loves to read and learn. She actually had an uncle or something who was a member I think. Well anyways her baptismal date was relying on whether or not she showed up for church. And when we called her in the morning her phone was off. and she wasn't responding. So we were really nervous. Then we are at church and she still isn't there. Finally sacrament starts, and still no "Q". so we were pretty sad. Only to find out that after sacrament was over a group of like 13 people flooded in from outside the doors. "Q" being one of them. Kinda makes me think of something dad would say sometimes when we were driving. "I'm sure God has a Sense of humour because every time I'm in a hurry and I'm praying for a green light, it always just stays green long enough so that I can make it through." But she enjoyed church and is excited for her baptism. We also had a lot of investigators come to church, just late. Like 3 of "K's" friends. on a trade off me and Elder Jacobson (Yes the very same from St.Lucia) were teaching "K" when 3 of her friends came up and sat in on the lesson. we talked a bit about her baptism and they all wanted to be baptized and they all came to church. We just really need a chance to visit with the Mom so we can get her involved also. 
 
It has been a really good week. 
And to top of a good week we did something really fun for P-day today, we travelled by boat to an Island called Bequia (one of the Grenadines) and we got to go to a turtle sanctuary. where you can hold all the turtles and things, so that was really fun the Island as a whole was really cool.




Anyways I am so excited for James and Kieran! That is so cool! They are going to be great missionaries! Michael and James are going to have so much fun in the same mission.. ..
Maybe they will serve close to each other! Ah and Kieran gets to speak spanish! sounds fun!
Oh so random thought came while thinking of Kieran's call. Tell him I'm jealous that he will be getting a drying machine so he doesn't have to hang all of his clothes haha 
 
But yes lessons are going well! I am having fun with Elder Regis and I am getting to know my area so I can lead it next transfer!
Anyways I hope you have a great week! I love you! 

Love Elder Pierson

No comments:

Post a Comment